4 April 2012

D is for Dromomania: Now For Something Completely Different

This is the last of my 3 post run for this blog before the cool and egdy Jess is back to author the next couple of posts for the Challenge. I'm not in the mood for deep and meanigful tonight so I have decided to pen a short story containing as many unusual D words as possible. See if you can decipher what it means.








I suffer from dromomania. It's true, I'm a hopeless case. My friends are forever bombarded by my diegesis about the issue. If I were to engage in my compulsion I would ensure that the activity would not be too deadly, dull or dramatic. On the list of destinations would be Denmark, Dominican Republic and Djibouti together with Darwin, Daydream Island, Daytona Beach, Detroit, Derby, Dublin and Dunedin. The two Dakotas would also earn a visit.

Given my dearth of funds, I would do my best to avoid being dispendious passenger and therefore my adventure probably couldn't be very diuturnal, but would be most dulcifluous. It would be the perfect opportunity to practice the art of deltiology and return with a deliciously disparate and dynamic collection.

The pictures give a clue.

To make the story relevant to the concept of our blog, I will add that Gen Y-ers who might be dromomanics are far more likely to exercise their compulsion than Gen X-ers would have at the same age. Given the digital revolution and discounting in the industry, Gen Y-ers take full advantage and think nothing of taking off for a dreamy adventure.

Thanks to the website: prontistery.info for supplying the difficult D words.

Blogger trivia: most of the difficult D words were not identified by the Blogger spellchecker!

No comments:

Post a Comment