2 May 2012

X is for Xbox

I have never understood the enthralling nature of the mysterious Xbox. I have always wondered if one needed to be inducted into some sort of underground, boys only club to get it, or if I would understand once I got my own.

Well, to be quick and to the point, I have an Xbox and it doesn't do it for me. It serves its purpose as a DVD player and that's it. My brother is an Xbox Xpert. He knows his gaming. He's so serious, he sometimes conferences with other gamers, just to strategise their gaming heirarchy. He has friends who get paid to play games all day. But here I am, still clueless.

I thought I was in. I thought I had entered the world of the addicted, however my dedication to the art of repetitive thumb twiddling lasted all of three days. A solid effort by my standards, but clearly the work of an absolute novice. The Sims on Xbox doesn't really capture one's attention for very long.



I do however, have a new respect for the pimpled, socially awkward basement dwellers - they have a stamina I don't think I could ever manage to acquire. And I trust they will put it to good use. In their basements.

Jessenia xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment